- Trip Duration: Approximately 4 Hours
- Start & End Time: Start: 2 hours before sunrise, 11am, and 2 hours before sunset; End: approx 4 hours later
- Start & End location: Starts and ends at HorseshoeBend Slot Canyon tours: 821 US-89, Page, AZ 86040
- Trip Description: The best times to photograph Alstrom Point are at sunrise and sunset. The early morning and late evening hours generally give you the best color on the rocks. The vista from Alstrom Point faces east so you are looking at the sun as it rises and it will be at your back as it sets. However, the view is stunning and the photography opportunities are limitless no matter what time of day it is, which is why we also offer a midday tour. The tour is approximately four to four and a half hours long. It takes one and half hours to get from our departure location in Page to Alstrom Point and we generally stay on the point for one hour. There are multiple places on the Point, within a quarter mile of our parking location to set up for taking pictures.
- We usually make one or two stops along the route for photography opportunities if the group would like to do so, which is often the case. The landscape is amazing and very unique and offers several photograph worthy features.
- The sunrise tour will sometimes offer astro-photography opportunities on the ride to the Point as the the sunset tour can potentially offer the same opportunities on the ride back.
- We can also customize private tours with advance notice.
- Our trip is done in a customized 12 passenger Mercedes Sprinter Van and generally runs three tours/day.
Know Before You Go:
- The road can be pretty bumpy, especially the last 3 miles which is mostly off road.
- Pack plenty of water for the trip.
- Reception is scarce for most of the trip. This means that GPS systems that require internet to download the maps will not work. Our experts are equipped with traditional maps and also are very versed in the landscape.
- Use the restroom beforehand as there are no public restroom facilities.
- Incase of emergency, your tour expert is equipped with an emergency kit.